Stephens Electric, LLC
Kansas City, MO
Areas of service:Kansas City, Kansas City, Independence and Liberty
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Stephens Electric, LLC
Quality workmanship at a fair price.
Request an estimate
Stephens Electric, LLC - Kansas City, MO
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Tony Stephens may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Stephens Electric, LLC
StephensSolar.com is the Internet home of Stephens Electric, owned and operated by Master Electrician Tony Stephens. Tony has over 20 years of electrical installation experience and currently services the residential / lite-commercial electrical and solar markets.
Specializing in solar power installation, we also have extensive experience in electrical troubleshooting.
We cover all of Kansas City metro area with our services.
Questions and answers
- How many projects do you average in a year?
We are a service based electric company, so most of our jobs are small, which allows us to be very flexible for scheduling. The number of projects we do varies with the amount of service calls we get each day.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Most people want to know how much a solar power system costs. In Missouri, after rebates, you can have a nice size system for just four or five thousand dollars.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We are a Westinghouse Solar authorized dealer, but we can install almost any brand system you want. Kyocera, Canadian Solar, 10K Solar, Evergreen, Sharp, Sanyo, BP Solar, Suntech, Fronius, PV Power, Enphase
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
- Solar system customer training and education
- On-call emergency service
- Assistance with solar rebates
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
With gas prices so high, sometimes I work out of my Chevy HHR instead of my service van, but it depends on the type of job I'm going to.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
- Can I see your Master Electrical license?
- Can I see your Certificate of Insurance?
- Do you have a warranty?
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
We were hired by KC Solar and Wind to install the largest single solar array in Kansas City on a specially built canopy 20 feet above the roof.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We specialize in residential and commercial Grid-tied Solar electric installation. We also provide expert electrical service.
- How did you get started?
Stephens Electric was started in 2010 when employers were laying off experienced workers to help make ends meet. Quickly growing tired of temporary jobs, Tony Stephens decided to get his Master License and take the plunge!
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Customers can save a little money by purchasing materials and equipment by themselves. This avoids having to pay the contractors mark-up. Just be sure you're getting the right stuff.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
We are an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau of Greater Kansas City.
We are an independent contractor.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Electrical service upgrades and troubleshooting are the most common types of jobs that we respond to.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
You should get at least three estimates. You should have a budget in mind, and a time frame of when you expect the work to be completed.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
There are a lot of unlicensed and uninsured electricians out there that will tell you they have a license, and then pay someone else to pull a permit for them.