Styles by Key
Areas of service:Suitland
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Styles by Key
Quality Hair Care
Request an estimate
Styles by Key - Suitland, MD
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Kierra Schell may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Styles by Key
My name is Kierra Schell of Styles by Key. I offer quality hair care and hair care services. I am servicing PG County.
I offer natural hair care, relaxed hair care, different bleaching and tinting techniques, combination hairstyles, and more.
I offer satisfaction on my services I perform.
Quality hair care services at low rates. Whatever you desire, just inquire.
Questions and answers
- What brands or products do you work with?
- Design Essentials
- Creme of nature
- Keracare, mane and Tail
- Elasta QP
- Morrocan a
- Argan oil
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
I suggest having some pictures of what your hair looks like and pictures of what you are trying to achieve.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I am most proud of a fellow hairstylist's photo shoot where I was a model for her. I enjoyed it because I had never modeled before and it opened my eyes to endless possibilities in this field.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
May I see some pictures of your work?
What are your prices?
What do you truthfully recommend for my hair type?
What exact regimen can I follow to get my hair back healthy?
How often do I need a relaxer?
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I provide consistent 2-week follow-ups for normal hair services. Any chemical services provided, I provide deep condition treatments within the every 2 weeks until next chemical service and so on.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Loc Maintenance, Wet sets/ Roller wraps, Flat Irons, relaxers, flexi rod sets, haircuts, color retouch and application
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
I would recommend to just go ahead and get a bundle of services together and not think you will save more seperately when in actuality, you will spend more.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
What can you do to help my hair grow?
A: Condition, condition, condition and regular trims
My hair is green. Why and Can you fix it?
A: It is green because the filler color red was applied when trying to return back to dark color and yes I can fix it.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
Licensed Cosmetologist in the state of Maryland
State Board of Cosmetologists in MD
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I am a perfectionist. I value my customers' opinion and input on my services and customer service.
I enjoy making my customers feel special.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
- Color Retouch
- All-over Color
- Natural Hair care
- Nail Care
- Hair cutting
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I average about five projects per year starting out. I try not to overwhelm myself with too many projects where I cannot give my customers my full attention.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
It's hard work, and we are doing our best to satisfy you, the customer. We have children and our issues as well. We are also humans.
- How did you get started?
A big orange "Beauty School" sign peaked my interest. I have a 7-year-old daughter and really didn't know how to care for her hair. I went to school and learned how to do so.