Sun King Electric Co., LLC
Areas of service:Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Los Lunas, Belen and Bosque
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Sun King Electric Co., LLC
Ethical Electrical Contractor
Request an estimate
Sun King Electric Co., LLC - Bosque, NM
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Bruce Marmy may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Sun King Electric Co., LLC
I am an electrical contractor and journeyman electrician here in New Mexico. I have been in the Marine Corps and I am a volunteer fire fighter in Socorro Co. NM.
I am skilled in residential and commercial installations, new construction and remodels. I am willing to travel anywhere in New Mexico.
I've held contractor and journeyman licenses for more than 5 years. I am bonded and insured up to $1,000,000. bid and give discounts for elderly, disabled, veterans and charities. All work is guaranteed for a year. Big or small jobs, we’re happy to help
Questions and answers
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Will you show your current journeyman and current contractor licenses? How is your standing with CID? Any outstanding complaints?
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Who can say? These past few years the work has slowed way down. On good years we can do a dozen or so. I work half as much now, not by choice! So put me to work !
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
An 18,000 Sq Ft three story home with as many bells and whistles as you could shake a stick at. It had a dance floor, recording studio and movie screening room all in the basement. Several electrical panels and pipe work.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
My work is guarenteed for a year. I ask all customers to contact me if they have a problem. I strive to give the customer a sense of comfort in my work or advice. I enjoy explaining what I've done and why.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How does it work ? It works like this (I hope). Can I add a whole house A/C to my 60 amp clothwire 1950's service ? Sure you can! Just be ready to move on an instants notice, especially if you smell something burning.
- How did you get started?
I fixed gadgets around the house as a kid, it came natural to me. In the USMC I fixed electronic equipment. Then after the Marines I fixed various equipment from bakery ovens to copier machines and telephones. In the early 90's I moved to Phoenix,AZ. I answered an ad in the Sunday paper and I started to learn commercial electrical installations. Residential work came along as well. Good workers build skills all the time.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Repairs to existing circuitry. Upgrades with additional safety measures installed like grounding and GFCI protected outlets. Outside security/area lighting.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
If an upgrade is needed I recommend Square D electrical panels and breakers. They are reliable and the most economical
- What brands or products do you work with?
We must use only new parts and material that are "LISTED & LABELLED". I shop for wire prices,panels and installation equipment. I may suggest a fan manufactor or voltage rating of large appliances (240 volt vs. 120 volt hot water heater for example), But you are the customer I install what you wish.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I have three legs. One is a just a shadow of it's former self. I have three eyes, but that wont be a problem until I go bald(er). Finally, if I was funny, dont you think I'd be doing that instead of taking my life into my hands on a regular basis ?
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Home repairs remodels, renovations. Upgrades to service rating. Mitigating of electrical hazards and resolving correction notices.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Your clear idea of the desired outcome and your budget amount to create the completed task. That and the time frame for completion.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
All state rquired licenses. I am a Union signatory ( meaning I will used union help when I need help )
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Most of us are electricans, but sometimes folks need a magician.