Areas of service:Brooklyn, New York, Bronx, Staten Island, Newark, Jersey City, Jamaica, Flushing, Astoria, Elmhurst, Corona, Ridgewood, Elizabeth, Woodside, Union City, East Elmhurst, Clifton, Queens Village, Jackson Heights, Forest Hills, East Orange, Passaic, Far Rockaway, Bayonne, Irvington, North Bergen, Valley Stream, West New York, Fresh Meadows, Ozone Park, Union, Perth Amboy, South Richmond Hill, Bayside, Bloomfield, South Ozone Park, West Orange, Rego Park, Hackensack, Linden, Kearny, Elmont, Springfield Gardens, Great Neck, New Hyde Park, Long Beach, Whitestone, Teaneck, Montclair, Hoboken, Woodhaven, Saint Albans, Richmond Hill, Belleville, Fort Lee, Oakland Gardens, Maspeth, Orange, Oceanside, Hollis, Rosedale, Garfield, Sunnyside, Middle Village, Middletown, Rahway, Howard Beach, Rockville Centre, Floral Park, Nutley, Englewood, Long Island City, Franklin Square, Little Neck, Lodi, Maplewood, Elizabethport, West Hempstead, Lynbrook, Cliffside Park, Cranford, Hillside, Cambria Heights, Roselle, Kew Gardens, Carteret, Keyport, College Point and Woodbridge.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Architecture, Design and Interiors
Request an estimate
Sun|tect - Brooklyn, NY
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Andrew Haner may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
We are a full service architectural studio specializing in residential, commercial, retail and corporate interior sectors.
I am a Registered Architect and a LEED Accredited Professional. Our company is committed to meeting functional and budgetary requirements while providing progressive design.
Questions and answers
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Design and construction are professions that are very process driven and most decisions that clients make are intertwined with other variables that can affect a project's viability. It's important not to just make good decisions, but also to understand the implications of those decisions at all project phases.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
The relationship between a client and an architect is often far reaching. It starts with conceptual design, continues through construction documents, and completes in the administration of construction in collaboration with a contractor.
This process can be approached in many ways to work with clients' specific budgetary and schedule needs as well as their personal design aesthetic.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
A client should:
- have an idea of what the project goals are (ex: 'design a bar' or 'renovate my apartment's kitchen')
- have an idea of the overall budget (both the desired and absolute)
- be able to describe materials and their aesthetic tastes.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
- ask for pictures and personal references to verify work quality
- ask for a proposal of services based on an agreed upon scope and budget or an hourly rate to determine scope.
Clients should be prepared with clear ideas of what the work scope should entail (ex: a full renovation of an apartment with new bathrooms, kitchen and finishes throughout) and what items are budget priorities.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
A client on a relatively tight budget should:
- present the full desired scope to the architect
- explain the general constraints of the budget, both desired and absolute.
- consider doing a feasibility study on an hourly basis to commission a few preliminary sketches to obtain budgetary pricing packages to make sure you can afford the project prior to committing to the complete job.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
sun|tect's principal is:
- a Registered Architect in New York State
- a LEED Accredited Professional with experience on LEED certified projects
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Residential: gut renovations, new kitchens and bathrooms
Commercial: commercial interiors, event spaces
Retail: stores, pop-up concepts
Hospitality: restaurants, coffee houses.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
sun|tect is a full service architecture studio specializing in:
- sustainable design
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Q: What is a reasonable construction budget for this?
A: While I can give a rough estimate, the best way to get a solid cost for this is to commission a simple pricing sketch and distribute to trusted contractors for a budgetary estimate.
Q: What does this process involve?
A: Well the process involves:
- Concept design, where initial ideas are discussed and shown in sketch form.
- Construction documents, where the concept is detailed for construction.
- Building department review, where the drawings are submitted and permits are pulled.
- Construction, where the drawings become a realist with the hard work of a team including the contractor, architect, and client (among others).