The Bathtub Guy
Areas of service:San Jose, Fremont, Sunnyvale, Redwood City, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Palo Alto, Watsonville, Livermore, Mountain View, Union City, Pleasanton, Milpitas, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Gatos, Campbell, Newark, Morgan Hill, Los Altos, Menlo Park, Saratoga and Aptos.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact The Bathtub Guy
One Day Bathtub Refinishing
Request an estimate
The Bathtub Guy - San Jose, CA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Greg Moretti may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About The Bathtub Guy
We specialize in porcelain and fiberglass bathtub refinishing and repair.
We also perform:
- Shower pan refinishing
- Tile refinishing
- Sink refinishing and repair
- Fiberglass repairs
- Caulking of bathtubs
We offer five-year guarantee on all bathtub refinishing.
Questions and answers
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
None I have been trained by what I would consider one of the best refinishers in the Bay Area. Plus when you love what you do that's a certification all by itself.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Look at the company that you are having do your refinishing. Such as having the house painter refinish your bathtub. I've seen so many of these type of "cheap" jobs that look good for a month. Go with a company that specializes in the type of work your looking for.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We offer a 5 written five year guarantee on any refinishing project and a 1 year guarantee for any repair work.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
We average about one bathtub and tile or one bathtub a day and I work 6 days a week. I refinish a lot of surfaces in a year.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
The type of jobs that are most common for me are refinishing bathtub and bathtub & tile jobs. Also repairs of chips in bathtubs.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Call around for prices if you are considering refinishing. Also it save you thousands of dollars instead of replacing.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I'm proud of all my jobs. Looking at a bathtub or tile that I wouldn't take a bath in and then looking at it after it has been refinished I always say to myself "I would take a bath in that" and I don't even takes baths. So I'm proud of all my work because I love what I do.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Ask about if and how long the guarantee is that they offer. Company offer different length guarantees.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
As a customer I would try to find online reviews to the company. If not then I would ask for references.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How long before I can use my bathtub? You can use your bathtub 24 hrs after it has been refinished.
Is there a smell? Yes, but we do use a ventilation system and usually the smell is gone within a few hours.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We offer a eco friendly no spray no odor refinishing process and also the traditional spray process. We use a high solids acrylic urethane coating.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
That I love to refinish the most dirty, stained, and ugly surfaces that there are. After I'm done I feel a sense of satisfaction when I look at the completed project.
- How did you get started?
I got started by answering an ad in the new paper. Started working for a "High End" refinishing company for a few years and then decided to start on my own. It was the best decision ever because I love what I do!
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Bathtub, Tile, Sink, Shower Pan refinishing and repair. Also installation of bottom inlays for cracked fiberglass bathtubs.