The Children's Place Daycare & Preschool
Idaho Falls, ID
Areas of service:Idaho Falls
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact The Children's Place Daycare & Preschool
Quality Infant & Child Care
Request an estimate
The Children's Place Daycare & Preschool - Idaho Falls, ID
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Brandy Mann may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About The Children's Place Daycare & Preschool
The Children’s Place Daycare & Preschool is committed to providing high quality infant and child care in a loving and fun environment that promotes social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth and development of the child as a whole.
We believe that childhood should be a time of fun, exploration and discovery. We consider it a privilege to be a part of your child's life as they learn and grow.
Through play and guided learning, we will help your child develop all the skills they need to prepare them for school and beyond.
We are always happy to offer tours of our facility. Please plan your drop-in visit prior to 6:00 pm as we are not always open late. If you need an afterhours visit, please call in advance and we will gladly schedule an appointment for you to come and see our facility.
We participate in the National Food Program. Our meals meet national nutritional standards, but at the same time our meals are appealing so that children will actually eat what is served. We are approved to accept ICCP.
Contact us today!
Questions and answers
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
Our major project right now, going into the fall, is our preschool.
Are you ready for Preschool? We are! Class starts Sept. 4th and our roster is filling up fast. Hurry in to register as space is limited.
Preschool is about more than finger painting and circle time. Enrolling your child in our preschool program has many benefits that extend beyond preparing him/her for kindergarten. In essence preschool teaches children how to be students. Attending our preschool program helps children to adjust to a school schedule and build the stamina necessary to succeed in kindergarten.
In our program preschoolers will learn to raise their hands, sit and listen to the teacher and follow directions, which helps to prepare them for kindergarten and beyond. They will also work to build their literacy and math skills, learn to identify numbers and match them with the correct number of items, identify shapes and colors, and learn to write their names. Our program also focuses on the letters of the alphabet using a fun weekly theme that gives them plenty of time to practice writing.
Aside from academics, preschoolers will learn to make friends and work with others. Working together to build a tower or complete an art project teaches our preschoolers how to compromise and respect the ideas of others. We know that dropping off a child who's never been away from his/her parents at preschool can be difficult, but your child will have an even harder time adjusting to kindergarten if he's/she's never been away from home. Our preschool helps children adjust to being away from their families so they'll be able to transition smoothly to kindergarten. Our preschoolers also learn about doing things for themselves. They will learn independence by completing their own projects and learning to clean up after themselves.
Miss Cindy’s preschool classroom is for 4 – 5 year olds. (Occasionally 3 year olds may be evaluated, on a case by case basis, for inclusion in Miss Cindy’s class. All classroom expectations would apply). Activities will vary by day so your child will not be doing exactly the same thing each day.
Below are some of the classroom expectations:
• Children must be signed up for a minimum of 3 days per week for preschool.
• All children must be fully potty trained and able to go to the bathroom on their own.
• Class will start at 9:00 am each day and will conclude at 12:00 pm. Lunch will be offered until 12:45. If your child is attending preschool only please limit drop off to 5 minutes before class starts and have children picked up no later than 12:45 pm. Additional fees may be associated with late pick up.
• Please provide school supplies prior to the first day of school. Occasionally additional supplies may be requested.
• Each child has a file folder in the lobby where I will put his/her papers and projects. Please check the folder weekly.
• Children are expected to be able to sit and listen/work for a period of 10 – 15 minutes at a time.
• Children are expected to respect the other children in the classroom and the teacher. A time out will be used if the child disobeys after being given two warnings. If inappropriate behavior continues they child may be removed from class and the parent called.
• Miss Cindy varies the areas in the classroom that the children will work – at the table or on the floor.
• Children will earn stickers each day for making good choices. At the end of each week the children will be allowed to choose a special prize out of the treasure box.
• Miss Cindy will provide each parent with a monthly calendar showing the letter that is being worked on each week.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
The Children’s Place is committed to providing high quality infant and child care in a loving and fun environment that promotes social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth and development of the child as a whole.
We believe that childhood should be a time of fun, exploration and discovery. We consider it a privilege to be a part of your child's life as they learn and grow. Through play and guided learning, we will help your child develop all the skills they need to prepare them for school and beyond.
- How did you get started?
We opened our facility in the Sept of 2011 and have now been opened for a full year. Prior to opening her own daycare, our Owner served as a Director for another local facility.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
STAFF: Do they treat children with respect, flexibility and patience? Are they able to meet your child's developmental and emotional needs? Is there a sufficient number to meet the needs of all children in the classroom? Do they greet your child and discuss your child with you? Do they practice good personal hygiene? Do they possess previous experience or training in working with children?
FACILITY: Does it feature safe indoor and outdoor areas and equipment? Does it have orderly, clean work areas? It is an airy, well-lit and attractive room with bright colors? Does it have sanitary bathrooms and diaper-changing areas?
HEALTH AND SAFETY: Are the room temperatures comfortable? Are there rounded table corners and other furniture safety features? Are there non-toxic play materials? Is a first-aid kit visible? Are healthy snacks and/or meals featured? What is the process for dropping off and picking up your child? Is the kitchen area clean? Is hand washing practiced? Are there separate cribs for infants and separate cots/mats for others? Are cleaning materials and medicines kept safely out of reach of children?
PROGRAM: Is there a proper child-staff ratio, and if it is a licensed facility, is it within designated guidelines? Do you observe creative play? Are there plenty of play and educational materials? Is there an organized schedule or program? Is there supervised rest time? Is there minimal, supervised TV time? Does the provider read stories?
GENERAL: Is there a license or registration certificate on file, if applicable? Are the rules clearly explained? How is good behavior encouraged? Are other parents visiting or involved with children? Are children allowed to get dirty naturally through play? Are any children left out? Do you see laughing, caring, sharing, and generally happy children?
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
We are a State and City licensed facility with all of our staff certified in Infant & Child CPR and First Aid.
We are enrolled and accept ICCP - Idaho Child Care Program.
We are enrolled in the USDA National Food Program.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We work with and have open positions for children Newborn to 12 years of age. We have a specialized Infant and Toddler room along with Preschool and After school programs.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Our facility is completely remodeled and has a wonderful home-like feel. We practice a "No Shoes" policy to help maintain the nice quality of our building and to help keep dirt and germs from spreading.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
To enroll please come in and tour our facility and fill our registration packet. We will request a copy of your child's immunization records, a copy of your driver's license and the first week's payment.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
The main agency available to our customers that may assist with daycare costs is ICCP (Idaho Child Care Program).