The Fireplace Doctor
Areas of service:Minneapolis, Saint Paul, Eden Prairie, Osseo, Hopkins, Andover, Circle Pines, Champlin, Minnetonka, Savage and , South Saint Paul.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact The Fireplace Doctor
Gas Fireplace Services
Request an estimate
The Fireplace Doctor - Minneapolis, MN
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that David Gruenberg may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About The Fireplace Doctor
The Fireplace Doctor repairs, cleans and adjusts all major brands of:
- Gas Fireplaces
- Gas Freestanding Stoves
- Gas Inserts and
- Gas Log sets
We have been proudly serving the Twin Cities metro area in Minnesota since 1999.
We are experts in the gas fireplace industry and we guarantee our work.
Schedule an appointment with The Fireplace Doctor today.
Questions and answers
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I am trained in the art of fireplace installation and application by Fireside Corner/Fireside Hearth & Home and also completed on line courses through Hearthville.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
The most helpful would be the owners manual, but if the manual does not exist knowing the make,model, age and style such as fireplace, freestanding stove, insert or gas log set.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
Customer safety is the number one most important thing to me. Customer satisfaction ranks second along with a good value for the services preformed.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Even though many cleaning service and handyman or even general contractors claim that they can take care of your fireplace they can't. Four safety hire an experienced professional.
- What brands or products do you work with?
I repair all major brands like Heat & Glo,Quadra-fire, Heatilator, Majestic, Vermont Casting, Monesson, Lopi.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We specialize in:
- Gas Fireplace Diagnosis
- Tune-up Service
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation of preferred upgrades
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Can I change the logs in my fireplace? Can I get a different front for my fireplace? What services can I preform to help my fireplace last longer?
- How did you get started?
I was recruited by a local fireplace company and worked there for 11 years. When I left it was a natural transition.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Fireplace will not light. Fireplace pilot won't stay lit. Fireplace goes on and off by it self. Clean and adjust a dirty fireplace.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Is my fireplace worth fixing or should I just replace it?
How often should I have my fireplace serviced?
What can I do to keep my fireplace in top condition?
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I service around 400 hundred fireplace's a year. Some as simple as a loose connection or a bad switch or even dead batteries in the remote to a full cleaning for sale presentation or just to look great for the holidays.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
You must keep the glass clean. Once the heat pushes the deposits below the surface of the glass it can not be removed. Always use the proper cleaner as the wrong product can also ruin the glass.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
- 1 year no service flat rate charges, parts only
- Free design and service consultation
- Free realtor service data report for home sale
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
A realtor contacted me and the fireplace was destroyed by the previous homeowner who lost the home to the bank. The replacement cost was about $5000. I was able to track down the obsolete parts and bring the fireplace back to life for less then $1000