The Upholstery Lady
Areas of service:Richmond, Henrico, Fredericksburg, Charlottesville, Midlothian, Williamsburg, Petersburg, Stafford, Mechanicsville, Glen Allen, Chesterfield, Chester, Hopewell, Spotsylvania, Colonial Heights, Culpeper and Powhatan.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact The Upholstery Lady
Request an estimate
The Upholstery Lady - Powhatan, VA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Sonja Jaunarajs may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About The Upholstery Lady
The Upholstery Lady specializes in custom made cushions, curtains and upholstery for over 15 years in the Richmond, VA area.
My company is a job per job service, meaning that I take on only one job at a time until it is finished. I do all the work myself and pay great attention to what the customer wants and make suggestions for what the customer needs.
With a certificate in interior design, I can help those that have a hard time ‘matching things up.’ I give progress reports so the customer is not wondering what is going on.
Questions and answers
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
sewing, customized designs for curtains, cushions, and more, detailed and customer service oriented, very competitive pricing, work with customer to create the look that they want, consultations always free
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
my customers want to know how much my labor is going to cost, how long it will take, and how much fabric they need. It all depends on the piece being worked on, I have to analyze each piece to make sure the project comes out as perfect as possible
- What types of jobs are the most common?
I have mostly worked on chairs of different shapes and sizes, outdoor and indoor custom cushions, ottomans, footstools, dining room chairs
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I advertize upholstery work but I also am an experienced interior/exterior painter, tile layer, and can do most construction projects, I have over 20 years experience in the construction industry
- How did you get started?
I taught myself how to reupholster by reading books and experimenting on my own furniture first, I found that I really enjoyed the process of working with fabrics and different pieces of furniture, started telling friends and family of my services, then started advertizing...
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
how many years experience do they have, how long will it take, how much do they charge, can they do repairs if needed
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
a follow up to make sure the design and functionality of the piece is satisfactory, if there is any problem, I will fix the problem for free
- What brands or products do you work with?
I send my customers to Joann fabrics or Hancock fabrics to purchase what they want, or I will tell them to shop online and have the fabric shipped directly to me so that I can get started immediately on their project
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
most of my customers dont know much about upholstery, so I enjoy teaching and guiding them through the process
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
I always recommend that the customer look for fabrics on sale as upholstery fabric can get expensive, I will work with customers on pricing
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I average about 30 or more projects per year right now, but hope that my business will continue to grow to at least 100 projects per year...I can reupholster a wing back chair in about three days
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
I recommend that the customer have the measurements of the piece ready, a material picked out, and a time frame of when they want this done
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
a recliner I reupholstered back in January of this year, the fabric was a dotted fabric that I matched from the foot rest all the way through the whole piece
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I have a certification in interior design and have over 15 years experience in sewing and constructing upholstery