Thomas V. Giel Garage Doors, Inc.
Areas of service:Pittsburgh, Butler, New Castle, Greensburg, Mckeesport, Irwin, New Kensington, Coraopolis, Aliquippa, Canonsburg, Bethel Park, Beaver Falls, Monroeville, Allison Park, Cranberry Twp, Gibsonia, Mc Kees Rocks, West Mifflin, Homestead and Jeannette.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Thomas V. Giel Garage Doors, Inc.
We promise with THOMAS, you'll get the BEST GIEL in town!
Request an estimate
Thomas V. Giel Garage Doors, Inc. - Gibsonia, PA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Edward Giel may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Thomas V. Giel Garage Doors, Inc.
Thomas V. Giel Garage Doors, Inc. can assist you with all your garage door needs...parts, sales and service.
We have been in this industry for more than fifty years. Our company provides garage door furnishing and installation.
Our services include:
- Garage Door Operators
- Variety of Styles and Colors for Garage Doors
- Garage Door Monitors
- Entry Doors, Storm Doors & Patio Doors
- Retractable Awnings
- Fixed Canvas and Aluminum Awnings
- Interior and Exterior Sun Shades and Drop Shades
We serve both commercial and residential customers in a wide range of models, sizes, and colors.
Our company takes pride in providing not just professional but friendly services. In addition, parts and labor are guaranteed.
Questions and answers
- How did you get started?
Tom Giel founded the company in the year 1950.
In 1974, we became an incorporated company. In the '80s, Tom Giel, along with his son, worked and turned the business into a corporation from a small family-owned shop.
Now we have twenty-five to thirty full-time employees and eighteen full-time trucks to serve our customers with.
Following his father's retirement in 1989, presidency and ownership of our company was assumed by Edward B. Giel.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
Better Business Bureau
Pittsburgh Builders Exchange
North Suburban Builders Association
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
• Have you received a pre-printed estimate of a parts and labor warranty and guarantee on the contractor’s work (both product and labor)?
• Does the company have trusted employees with years of service and dedication for safety?
• What type of mounting hardware, hinges or seals are used for a quite, smooth, and safe operation of your product?
• Do they, the company and its employees, comply with all federal and state guidelines and certifications? Building codes, OSHA, and EPA?
• Are subcontractors or full-time employees working in my home? Do they have ongoing training in all facets of the industry?
• Have you been advised to visit the Web sites of the company and the company’s manufacturer to review the details, options, photos, and construction of the products?
• Have you been informed about the difference in R-Value vs. Sectional Value?
• Do they offer more than one manufacturer so that your wants and needs are met?
- What brands or products do you work with?
For garage doors:
- Designer Doors
For garage door openers:
For entry doors:
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
- Garage doors
- Garage door openers
- Entry doors
- Glass block windows
- Sales and service for your home and business
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
Thomas V. Giel Parts & Labor Warranty. Over 60 years of service and experience.
We work with customers to help discover what is important for them when replacing, maintaining, and servicing any of our products. A fair amount of Giel’s business is in the retrofit area for individual homeowners. Proud to offer honest, quality workmanship, Thomas V. Giel Corporation backs it up with a “Written Labor Warranty”, and proudly follows the IDA Code of Business Conduct as well as Regional and National Safety and Building Codes