Workers United Insulation
Areas of service:Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Kent, Bellevue, Renton, Puyallup, Federal Way, Bothell, Bremerton, Auburn, Redmond, Lynnwood, Kirkland, Lakewood, Port Orchard, Edmonds, Issaquah, Gig Harbor, Sumner, Spanaway, Woodinville, Lacey, Shelton, Silverdale, Poulsbo, Maple Valley, Mercer Island, Centralia, Enumclaw, Graham, Mountlake Terrace, Bainbridge Island and Chehalis.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Workers United Insulation
Over 14 years experience in the Puget Sound area!
Request an estimate
Workers United Insulation - Tacoma, WA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Agusto Navarro may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Workers United Insulation
Workers United is a local insulation installation and removal contractor. Workers United specializes in insulation for walls, ceilings, attics, and floors in all residential properties. Properly installed insulation also creates a superior air-seal, effectively minimizing air leakage to deliver advanced moisture control, healthy air, and energy savings.
Questions and answers
- How did you get started?
I moved up from being an installer and I learned all of the aspects of the insulation business. I then decided to create my own insulation company.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
The higher the R-value the greater the insulating power. "R" means resistance to heat flow. Insulation is only a part of weatherization there is plenty more a home owner can do to conserve energy. We can inform our customers of what steps to take.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
Washington Weatherization Association which works with Puget Sound Energy and Tacoma Power for the weatherization program in the Puget Sound area.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
What kind of experience do they have?
How much insulation should the house have?
What should I do to make the house more energy efficient?
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Look into Energy Star appliances and products such as for the refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, furnace, washer, dryer, water heater or pumps. Also for them to look into other conservation methods. They can also replace the windows and doors.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Find out information about current state requirements and about R-values for your home. Know the dimensions and square footage of the areas that you wish to improve.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I have 14 years of experience in the industry and also military experience. We are a minority owned company. I am also bilingual.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How much insulation do I need?
The answer is: The current requirements in their area.
What is the best application?
Answer: What is within your budget? We can work from there.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We work with various well-known brands such as: Owen's Corning, John's Mansville, Certainteed, Knauf, Roxul and many others.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I did a house in the Cherry Hill neighborhood in Seattle. The owner needed this job done as soon as possible. We scheduled it for him on the weekend. We were able to gather all materials and personnel necessary on time, on his busy schedule, last minute. He didn't have to take time off from his job.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We do energy efficiency reassessment to inform our customers of what the next steps should be. I also inform them of other rebates they may qualify for.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
The number of projects we average in a year varies. We can average around 36 to 50 jobs in a year or more.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
The most common jobs are underfloors and attic crawlspaces. Also existing walls and upgrades to the envelope of the house.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
My company specializes in insulation, weatherization, air ceiling, walls, attics, crawl spaces, and retrofit,
June 27, 2012
Agusto and his team are very professional, fast and affordable.
I would definitely use them again!- Mottani