About ATR Landscape
Over 21 Years of Landscape Industry Knowledge, Education, Research, Field Experience & Customer Service. All Our Services are "Money Back Guaranteed" & "In Writing". Providing; Landscape Maintenance & Lawn Care (Commercial, Residential, Estates, HOA, Apt). Seasonal Maintenance Pruning & Clean up for Rejuvenation, Maintaining Size & Best Long Term Plant Health. Fine Hand Pruning Specialist for Natural Shape & Form I. e., Japanese Maples, Roses, Fruit Trees & more. Irrigation Sprinkler System Management (Water Conservation Specialists). Landscape Garden Design w/ Before & After Pictures in 2-D or 3-D. Irrigation Design, New Installation, Renovation, Troubleshooting, Wire Tracing & Repairs.
- Irrigation Design
- New Installs
- & Emergency call repairs planting
Replacing invasive plant material with Natives.
We use only the highest quality products currently in our industry, for example;
Buckner self cleaning brass valves, Watts, Febco, Champion, NDS, ADS, Griswold, corona, Superior, Irritrol, Rain Bird, Christy, Channel lock, Wilkins, Carson, Nelson, Rainmaster, Weathermatic, Calsense, FX Luminaire, Solo, Delta Bluegrass, Nibco, Agrifim, 3M, Calsense, and more...
Questions and Answers
Do you offer any service after finishing the work?
Note: A final site walk is performed with client & contractor to review & in order for client to approve work as completed by signing off.
- Depending type of work performed however, we maintain all plant material & Irrigation installed for the first 30, 60, or 90 days depending clients choice of coverage and then all is warranted for one year.
- Pavers, Decks, Fences, Flagstone, etc., is warranted for Five years.
- Contractor will walk Client through and show step by step how to operate their new installed equipment, and also provided all manuals, design plans with any documented changes, as-belts, keys to controllers before walking away from site.
I would work with my grandfather in his yard from ages 7 to 11 and really like working outdoors.Later at 19 years old I became more interested in how plants grow and wanted to know more and decided I wanted to run my own company some day so I went to work for Sundance landscaping to learn the trade. Then the people at Sundance encouraged me to enroll into Merritt college to learn more so I did.I started as a gardener labor, foreperson, to supervisor, account manager, branch manager, operation manager, up to a division manager.I am now 42 and running my own company, after I made sure to learn my trade inside and out.
What kind of questions do customers ask you?
- Q: Why are my plants still dying? I've been watering them every day?
- A: Excess moisture kills roots, and as roots die the foliage will discolor and die. Frequent amounts of irrigation will predisposes plants, then attacked by mites and certain insects. Most pathogenic bacteria and fungi require moisture to infect plants and cause damage; good water management is critical. try watering less frequent days letting soil to have time to dry out. And, on days you do water try to divide the watering for the day into 3 - 4 watering cycles. allowing approx. 1 - 2 hrs in between cycles to give time for to go down deeper into soil.this will give soil time to absorb water.
- Q:Why wont my Wisteria bloom?
- A: Wisterias are very adaptable and do well in areas with full sun and require little to moderate amounts of water. They can tolerate many soil types but need good drainage. Prune to control the shape and size and to encourage blooms. Fertilizer is generally not needed.
What types of jobs are the most common?
- Build a deck if your house is on a slope
- Stone patio if your landscaped area is level
- Expand what you have already by adding an outdoor living space.
- This could easlly pay back 100% or even more.
- These will all quickly pay you back
- Cutting down cost & water use.
How many projects do you average in a year?
I have managed up to 87 accounts in one year, with multiple projects going on with those accounts regarding; irrigation inspections, irrigation repairs, managing their water managing & monitoring their irrigation water usage. And also, including landscape upgrades, mulch, planting, renovation pruning, etc...
What are you most proud of?
A maintenance account (The Grahams residents) that I've been managing since February 2014, and just last week Mrs. Graham came out to say thank you and that we have lowered their water bill by 25% compared to last year!And, also said her property has never looked as good as it does compared to when the last company was they.
What we may not know about you?
- I have a strong passion for the work we do.
- Dedicated to be one of the best in our industry.
- A strong commitment to deliver customers a quality service with sustainability, cost effectiveness, with the highest return on their investments and increase in their resale property value, using all natural products, conserving energy, resources, help protect the environment and it's precious resources for our future generations to come...
What questions should a customer ask before hiring you?
Always ask the following listed below:
- Is this your Contractor Lic. #? (Then research Co. online @ CSLB).
- Do you have any references I can contact?
- Can you provide any pictures of work you've installed in the past?
- Do you have any Certifications?
- Do you guarantee all your services, "In Writing"?
- How can they help me conserve water, & can they provide any records
- Then when it comes time choose one out of two or three landscapers, ask them if you visit a maintenance acct. they currently manage?
What do you recommend to know before hiring you?
- A well thought out plan on what you would like to get out of your landscape. Meaning what would you like to do in your garden or use it for?
- Recommend keeping it simple for example,
- Collect pictures with some ideas that were thinking of.
- Some type of budget to start with. A landscape does not have to built over night. It can be done in phases.
- Maybe even have plans with specifications from from someone only does designs, architects, well known landscape designers
- Have it all prioritized and ready for at least three landscapers put some numbers to it on getting it installed.