We are a full service architectural studio specializing in residential, commercial, retail and corporate interior sectors.
I am a Registered Architect and a LEED Accredited Professional. Our company is committed to meeting functional and budgetary requirements while providing progressive design.
sun|tect is a full service architecture studio specializing in:
- sustainable design
Questions and Answers
What is important to know about your profession?
Design and construction are professions that are very process driven and most decisions that clients make are intertwined with other variables that can affect a project's viability. It's important not to just make good decisions, but also to understand the implications of those decisions at all project phases.
Do you offer any service after finishing the work?
The relationship between a client and an architect is often far reaching. It starts with conceptual design, continues through construction documents, and completes in the administration of construction in collaboration with a contractor.This process can be approached in many ways to work with clients' specific budgetary and schedule needs as well as their personal design aesthetic.
What do you recommend to know before hiring you?
A client should:
- have an idea of what the project goals are (ex: 'design a bar' or 'renovate my apartment's kitchen')
- have an idea of the overall budget (both the desired and absolute)
- be able to describe materials and their aesthetic tastes.
What questions should a customer ask before hiring you?
Clients should:ask for pictures and personal references to verify work quality
How can we save money hiring you?
A client on a relatively tight budget should:
- present the full desired scope to the architect
- explain the general constraints of the budget, both desired and absolute.
- consider doing a feasibility study on an hourly basis to commission a few preliminary sketches to obtain budgetary pricing packages to make sure you can afford the project prior to committing to the complete job.
What types of jobs are the most common?
- Residential: gut renovations, new kitchens and bathrooms
- Commercial: commercial interiors, event spaces
- Retail: stores, pop-up concepts
- Hospitality: restaurants, coffee houses.
What kind of questions do customers ask you?
Q: What is a reasonable construction budget for this?Q: What does this process involve?
- Construction documents, where the concept is detailed for construction.
- Building department review, where the drawings are submitted and permits are pulled.
- Construction, where the drawings become a realist with the hard work of a team including the contractor, architect, and client (among others).