How much does it cost to install stucco siding?
There are many options for home siding, being stucco siding one of the most versatile and durable options. There are different types of stucco as well (such as acrylic or synthetic), and they have different installation methods. Although this siding can be applied yourself, it is recommended to hire a professional, especially for larger projects.
Prices vary depending on the type of stucco 1, the size of the house, the condition of the walls, and other factors. It will typically cost $6-$9 per square foot to install stucco 1 siding to a 1000 square foot addition.
- Materials: traditional stucco 1 mix typically costs around $9 per 80 pound bag, depending on the thickness and quality of the mix. A finish coat of stucco 1 is added after the original coats are applied to add additional texture, color and protection. Finishing coat stucco 1 mix will cost about $22 a bag, but you will need fewer of them. A 1000 square foot home will require between 78-93 bags of stucco 1 mix (depending on the size of the exterior walls) and 14-25 bags of finishing stucco 1, for a materials cost of $1095-$1500, not including pigments or color for basic stucco 1 only.
- Labor: installers typically charge $40-$50 per hour to install stucco 1 siding and will require three to five days to complete the project on a 1000 square foot addition.
Enhancement and improvement costs
- Most contractors use traditional stucco 1, made of a powder mixture. Synthetic or acrylic stucco 2 comes from a wet mix and can provide brighter colors and different texture finishes. However, the cost for the materials per square foot is around five times more for synthetic stucco 2 that for traditional stucco 1. However, although it is more expensive, it's becoming the more popular option because the colors are better and it resists cracking, which means fewer repairs.
- Stucco 1 is naturally a light tan or gray color, but it can be painted any color. Wait for the stucco 1 to set completely (about six weeks) before painting it. Painting a 1000 square foot addition will add an additional $750-$900 to your project costs.
Additional considerations and costs
- This estimate is to install siding on a new addition. If you are installing stucco 1 siding on an existing home, you'll also need to factor in any repair, removal, and disposal fees. Plan to add another day of labor costs ($400) to remove existing siding, prime the area, and dispose of old siding.
- Homes with multiple stories or architectural details like uniquely shaped windows, shutters, or porches, typically require higher labor costs because it takes more time to work around those details. Plan to add an additional day of labor costs ($400) and time to your project if your home is more detailed.